Tuesday, January 19, 2010

January 18 - The Friend Date

Last night I met Peter. I met him through OKC, which predicted that we had a 92% chance of being friends (87% chance for a match). Indeed we have many similar interests: reading, travel, cooking, and computer games just to name a few.

We met at a local coffee shop at 6:30 pm (I came straight from work) and went for dinner (sushi) at 8:15 pm. I called it an evening just before 10 pm.

We talked about politics, travel, the World of Warcraft, and some basic details of his past relationships. Well, he did most of the talking. I managed to talk a little about my family, WOW, and my travel experiences in Europe. I really wish that he'd folllowed through on some of my thoughts with meaningful questions to show that he was interested/curious. Instead, I get the impression that he was waiting for me to finish my sentence so he could talk.

I left our encounter feeling a little bored and warm towards him but not warm and fuzzy. I do think that we could be good friends once we resolve whether we'll be friends or more so I'm gicing this a chance to breathe and grow.

Overall date grade: B

1 comment:

  1. I've had good luck with a friend date that turned out to be the guy I'm going to marry.

    The whole waiting for you to finish talking so that he could talk thing is disconcerting though.

    ReplyDelete