Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Not a date.

So, messaging.

I've gotten a couple of random messages from people on OKC, mostly from people who seem nice, but not really what I'm looking for. One lady asked me for a recipe and we're now having an interesting discussion about architecture. A couple of couples have asked me to be their third (thanks, but no thanks)...probably because I listed myself as bisexual (there's no "queer" option!). But one fellow in particular made my day. Here's what he had to say (no subject line):
Well if you're looking for depraved little hovels in brooklyn I just found an intersting place across from the film studio I work at. It's on the Navy Yard so it's where dock workers used to drown their sorrows but now it's just broken down and ocasionally you can find hassidic men getting lapdances from scantily clad back women. It's not a strip club but there's something up. Anyway I work till like 11 every weeknight and it's right across the street if your down. I'm not all that great at transcribing small talk so i guess i'll keep this short. Brevity's the best platform for sincerity, right?... You look interesting and you're a good kisser. I wanna meet you.

Sincerely,
Sean
Mind you, I mentioned nothing about depraved hovels or wanting to check some out. The closest I came was to say that I like to take bike rides to random places. But by places, I meant like Corona Park or the Rockaways. Hilarious. And as fun as it sounds, um, I don't think so. Maybe if things get really desperate.

5 comments:

  1. That's the sort of thing I'd be interested in doing for maybe an 11th date. When I'm sure my date isn't creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right. But I shouldn't message him to tell him that, cause of the no messaging if I'm not interested rule, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. on okcupid:

    Nov. 21, 2009 – 9:36pm
    i want to keep you in a cage in my basement
    18% Enemy 74% Friend 79% Match

    Nov. 21, 2009 – 11:02pm
    i have a friend whose facebook status recently was "they put me in a cage but they let me keep my blackberry."

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... so i broke the rule that bikingpretty mentioned above.. but i was challenging him to write back, and he didn't! perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok this is super weird, but i feel like i might actually know the place he's talking about. i drive past the navy yard ALL THE TIME and always see this weird-ass, super creepy bar and i feel like it could TOTALLY be the same one...

    (ashular)

    ReplyDelete