Sunday, January 31, 2010

Lala meets Falafel again

So, this is the third time I've hung out with Falafel, and I've decided to stop calling them dates. I am not interested in this guy romantically, though he is pretty neat. My sister keeps trying to tell me that I should like him, but I just can't. I don't know. I've never dated anyone that I wasn't friends with first, and I want to make this guy my friend. What's wrong with that!?

Well, I'll tell ya what's wrong with it: I'm pretty sure Falafel likes me as more than a friend.

So last night, we met up in my town (he was visiting some friends that live here) and went barhopping on Siesta Key. His friends were always around, but the two of us hung out most of the night. When I announced my departure, I saw a glimmer of disappointment, but he didn't offer to walk me to my car, so that was the end.

We made each other a bunch of mixtapes/full albums and exchanged them last night. He titled the two disc mixtape set "Melancholy and the Infinite Gladness." One disc is melancholy and the other is very happy. He made an awesome case with his face doing comedy & tragedy (which is hilarious). The track lists and liner notes are four pages long. I kinda wish I liked this guy.

Today I got a facebook message from him that ended with "You are an amazing person and I enjoy being around you." And I agree, to an extent, so I said "ditto." Probably shouldn't have said it. But this is the third time we've hung out and all we've done is hug, so he's gotta kinda know I'm not feeling it right?

2 comments:

  1. For the record, I do not keep telling you that you should like him. I believe it would be more accurate to say I've asked you several times if you're sure you don't like him. BIG difference!;)

    e'clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothin' wrong with being friends. But I wouldn't count on him understanding that just because you haven't kissed.... he may need a more direct explanation, at some point. I am really bad at that too!!

    ReplyDelete